Monday 8 April 2013

Essential Eye Make-Up

Here are a few of the products I use everyday on my eyes, for a basic, well groomed look.

GROOMED BROWS



















I must admit, I did only start using these tweezers today as I left my normal ones in my Bournemouth home. But as a cheap replacement, from Superdrug at only £1.99, I'm very impressed! I might even go as far to say that I prefer them to my regular Body Shop tweezers. 
The slanted nib is sharp and thin, allowing me to get a great amount of control and precision. The grip around the body of the tweezer keeps me from slipping and the plain black design looks sleek and professional, I doubt anyone would guess they cost me under £2.
As far as eyebrow advice goes, whether your a threader, waxer or plucker, there is no excuse for messy looking brows. I have tried a few different techniques to get a good outline, like using white eye liner to draw the outline of my desired shape of brow, or getting them waxed or threaded professionally and following that guide. But would say that simply having a good amount of light and steady hand are the best tips to be given for DIY plucking.
Buy these tweezers from Superdrug online here.

MAINTAINED AND GROOMED


Filling in eyebrows is a really skilful trick to master, whether your using a gel or pencil getting it right can make you look a lot more youthful and frame your face creating a well groomed impression. The pencil I use is completely cheap and cheerful, it costs £1 by MUA and to be honest does the trick. The double ended tool comes with a brow brush on one end and pencil on the other. The colour matches the tester colour and glides on easily. I also use the brush to smudge in the pencil lines, to create a more natural look, especially if I have applied too heavy handedly. 

CONCEALED EYES












Eye bags, be gone! Anyone who has ever been stressed in their life, will have had eye bags and will know how much they can drain your face, making you look exhausted and lacklustre. 
Garnier is a great brand and I have used this eye roll on for as long as I can remember. However one thing I would say is that I have begun applying with a concealer brush rather than just rolling on. I used to find that applying with the roll on left me with far too much product and after 5/10 minutes, I would have a line of excess concealer in the crease beneath my eye. I use medium, even though I am really pale, somehow the medium shade suits me better, especially when applying with bronzer.

LIQUID CAT EYES 

Here's another cheepy product that I love! 2true is the cheapest of the cheap. I will never splash out on liquid eye-liner, my belief is that if you can apply your eye-liner well, then you can get away with using a cheaper product. When applying I would advise to keep your eyes open, when I was young and foolish I would shut my eye of the lid I was applying and ended up with awfully wonky lines. As for flicks, mine genuinely look different everyday! I honestly think its just trial and error on that front. 

PHAT LASHES














My eyelashes are my own worst enemy. They are short, thin and not very dark. I used to leave them and accept I wasn't gifted in that area but recently I've started using mascara and curling everyday. This new regime is most definitely really bad for them and just making my case worse but using mascara and eyelash curlers seems to make my eyes pop... I use Soap and Glory's Thick and Fast mascara and the curlers are Superdrug's own. 


THE FINISHED PRODUCT... (Excuse the cross-eyed-ness)














No comments:

Post a Comment