Monday 11 March 2013

Mock-leather sleeve jacket: DIY ways to wear

Mock-leather sleeve jackets are everywhere this season - ranging from parka styles, macs and boyfriend tweed trenches. I recently saw a girl in Bournemouth wearing a style which featured a large black fur collar and burgundy tweed underlay, so thought I'd try to work the style without spending any extra cash on new outerwear. Why not layer jackets?!

H&M - Wool blend jacket with large fake fur collar £39.99 
Available here
This jacket is by far one of the nicest I've ever owned! It wasn't overly expensive, looks great with most colours and after the autumn/winter hasn't showed any sings of wear and tear. The large fur collar holds a sophisticated vintage style and adds glamour to any outfit. I wear this coat with outfits from super casual - jeans and a girly blouse (like this) to a formal dress (like this) and it always works with whatever I pair it with! An easy wearing coat with oodles of glamour

Zara -Mock leather biker jacket 
 
Zara - Mock leather biker jacket layered with vintage fur collar
This jacker is such an all rounder. In a plain black, PU leather, biker style, it can be teamed with anything from pretty, girly summer dresses (like this) to jeans and converse and look utterly cool. I think a decent leather (or pleather) jacket is a must have for every girls wardrobe, if you want an edgier look buy slightly larger in a biker style, or if you prefer a more polished look buy a tighter fit with an off centred zip. 

LAYERED UP
Here's the end result! I had to make a few minor adjustments to the jacket underneath, like safety pinning the button loops to the inside as when they were sticking out I felt it didn't look right. I also removed the belt from the jacket underneath as it also made the look appear unfinished and sloppy. Overall a result - great way to refresh your autumn/winter wardrobe. 

6 comments:

  1. brill tips shanz! thanks a lot xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That coat is awesome and I love your insights! Great post :)

    http://www.themirroronthewall.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tips!

    www.steffysworld.com

    $100 ASOS giveaway on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this. The fake fur collar is such a cute idea.

    xo
    Ame

    thatwildhope.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete