Tuesday 19 March 2013

Currently trending - Little black dresses

1 - ONE ARM CUT OUT: 
AX Paris crochet trim one shoulder dress - £30.00
I adore this cut. As a modern, edgy take on the classic one shouldered dress, its perfect. After seeing a similar maxi style worn by Lousie on Made in Chelsea, I had to have one! The dress pictured above is a mini version, with crochet detailing on the outer seams. The material is refreshingly thick for a high street clothing outlet and it fits well. AX Paris stock affordable 'Friday night dresses' and I have generally had good experiences wearing their pieces. However I would advise people with 'bingo wing' worries not to go for a dress of this style as it extenuates arms, necks and busts. Wear this with: killer heels, bright lipstick and BIG earrings.

2 - THE HALTER NECK: Motel dalphine dress - £42.00
This dress is my old-faithful, whenever I'm stuck for an outfit, I can always depend on this dress to look great. I love halter necks because they exude femininity and flatter endlessly: think Marilyn Monroe. By Motel, one of my favourite brands, its comfortable, washes well and fits perfectly - all of which I believe are a constant trend in the label's pieces. They have also developed an awesome edgy, modern yet vintage look which runs through the line and its just lush! The versatility of this dress also makes it an all-rounder, dressed down with thick tights, army boots and a denim jacket (like this one) or dressed up with heels, lipstick and statement earrings - I really like these from Asos.  

3 - MOCK STRAPLESS: 
AX Paris mock strapless polka mesh sleeve dress - £29.99
This is possibly one of my favourite modern dress neckline styles. Long sleeves on a night out can create  a big impact and look great on anyone. Mesh sleeved, mock strapless dresses are subtle yet sexy, allowing you to bare all without really baring anything! Also as you might be able to tell I'm also a fan of polka dots. They seem to be able to fit into any fashion age perfectly and look different every time! This dress gives the polka trend a breath of fresh air looking totally modern and cutting edge. 

4 - SCOOP NECK AND BACK: 
H&M embellished scoop neck body-con dress - £14.99
CLASSIC. As an hourglass shape, this is the style of dress that suits me best. You can't go wrong with a classic, sophisticated scoop neck body con dress. Especially when the top half is covered in sparkle! H&M always pleasantly surprise me at what they have in store for such reasonable prices, whether your looking for a pair of jeans and a t-shirt, an interview outfit or going out dress, there will nearly always be plenty of options, in a range of shades and sizes. 

4 comments:

  1. Hey There,

    Found you through IFB. I am your newest follower. Come chk out my blog.

    Seepz
    http://that-sassy-girl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. darlin' I can't even focus on all these (terrific) dresses because I'm just looking at your hair.

    Magnificent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so adorable, I especially love the first one. My latest post is actually a LBD too:)
    xx M

    http://cracks-in-the-pavement-92.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, so sexy black dresses, you are so beautiful, the dresses are suitable for you. cheap black dresses

    ReplyDelete